The new generation, more conscious about the environment are willing to spend a little extra money up front to enjoy years of lower energy bills. In Indian Real Estate sector, Builders and developers are promoting “Go Green” concept with premium projects that are eco friendly. Everyone understands its time to live by the principle of 3 ‘R’s; Refuse, Reuse and Recycle.Property owners and property buyers can make their homes Green homes just by following these simple steps.
1. Install solar panels. Solar panels can be placed on the rooftop, with hooking up the wires one can collect power without adding any fuel or replacing worn-out parts.
2. Replace all the standard light bulbs in your home with compact fluorescent ones. These energy-smart bulbs use 70-75% less energy than the incandescent kind and last up to ten times longer.
3. Colour the roof. Research indicates that roof color and the type of material used can help to lower attic temperatures. Light colored tile roofs outperform the shingle ones when it comes to decreasing temperatures.
4. Use low energy bulbs for outdoor lighting. One can switch it off in some time.
5. Check the house for leakages. During home buying, a home buyer can check for bathroom fittings that are long lasting and also ask for fixing low flow shower-heads, to cut water wastage.
6. Invest in energy efficient equipments with BEE (Bureau of Energy Efficiency) label. This will greatly reduce the amount of greenhouse gasses emitted. It will also save the utility bill enough.
7. Install more fans. Exhaust fans serve a very specific purpose. They can pull unwanted heat and humidity from bathroom and kitchen spaces during the summer months. Ceiling fans can help reduce family’s dependence on air conditioning during the summer and they are also helpful in the winter as they can push heat down from the ceiling.
8. Window tinting can be used to keep the house cool. This reduces the glare of the sun. This has several beneficial and energy-saving effects. First of all, it will reduce heat loss in winter and heat gain in summer. Tinting will also eliminate up to 99% of damaging ultraviolet rays and reduce the fading of your fine fabrics
So time to go Green