DIPLOMA IN FASHION DESIGN & RETAIL
Diploma in Fashion Design & Retail offered at MSICT is designed for aspiring students who require to gain an all round experiential education in the fashion design and lifestyle industries. This programme prepares the students’ talent, skills, knowledge and personal presentation that are vital to qualify them to work and to become innovators in these industries. The syllabus explores the multi discipline in the industry which include fashion and lifestyle design; brand and retail management; pattern design and manufacturing; and public and media relation. This programme is set for students to familiarize themselves in the increasingly competitive practical and intellectual demand in the industry.
- Fashion Designer
- Fashion Buyer
- Fashion PR
- Fashion Photographer
- Fashion Journalist and Editor
- Fashion Forecaster
- Fashion Illustrator
- Textile Designer
- Fashion Marketer and Advertiser
- Fashion Academician
- Visual Merchandiser
- Fashion Merchandiser
- Brand Manager
- Most Sought after courses after 12th in India & internationally
- Better prospectus both in terms of salary and growth. Fashion design jobs is enormous and extends beyond India’s markets to international markets
- Good remuneration in India & Abroad
- Demand Supply- Mega Malls are mushrooming all over. The Retail sector is witnessing a virtual explosion, TATA, Amabanis, Birla, Wadia, have forayed into this sector The fashion market will require thousands of trained professionals in the fields of design, management, communication and retailing.
- Multiple job options from fashion designer for label to entrepreneurship
- Fashion has moved from walls of the fashion houses to dressing for every occasion; including appropriate everyday wear for office to elegant trousseau
- Most of great Fashion Designers in India and abroad are first generation Fashion Designers – Designers are made!
- As much there is a requirement of fashion trend , there is need for proper display of the same
- A fashion is in or out is defined by the retailers/ exhibitors on how they want to influence the masses “what you see is what you buy” is popular concept ruling the retail market.
- Fashion houses have grown in as big business different from regular retail business It requires expertise in the sector to handle the same as per the ever changing demand of the industry
- Indians have not only impressed the world with their power, style and sensibility, but the country has a great understanding of the business dynamics of this colossal international industry
- Of total 396 USD billion Retail Market, Fashion is next after food with over 40 billion USD market; there is no expert training in managing the fashion retailing